Wednesday, January 10, 2007

25 - 2 Years In the Making - The Apple iPhone Is Here!


It was announced on Jan.9th at MacWorld. Although I was beginning to become somewhat skeptical of its release, I was mistaken. You can see what it looks like to the right. I will be getting one as soon as it is released in stores, I can tell you that much. Here are some relevant links:


http://www.apple.com/iphone/ - Official Apple iPhone Page

http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/01/09/iphone/index.php - MacWorld: Apple Unveils the iPhone.


The price will be $499 with a two year contract for a 4GB model, or an 8GB model for $599. Cingular, the North American cell service provider that has sold iTunes-equipped phones from Motorola, will be Apple's exclusive service partner. It will be released in the United States in June, probably Canada in late June, early July. Jobs said Apple anticipates bringing the iPhone to Europe in the fourth calendar quarter of 2007, and Asia in 2008. Let me add that I can't wait to get my hand on one!!

No comments: