Thursday, March 8, 2007

31 - iMuffs Review





I recently received, and have been using, a pair of iMuffs for my video iPod. While they are expensive, the freedom of not having wires running through my shirt, especially at work where it can get caught on a wide range of things, was great.

The initial charge goes to 80%, then trickle charges the iMuffs to 100%. The iMuffs headband is rather flimsy. Whether this was a design decision or born out of necessity, who knows. But minor griping aside, the headset fit rather well to my head. The volume slider is located on the side of the right earphone, which makes more sense than having it on the face of the earphone along with the Previous/Next and the Play/Pause/Answer button.

While I was playing music, the sound quality was what I expected. It was CD quality audio, with fairly good bass. There was no static that I could detect. There was the odd sound drop out, but it was few and far between and not intrusive.

I usually keep my iPod with the dongle in my jacket pocket on my left side, or in my pants pocket. Since I've been using iMuffs, I haven't had any problems with the audio dropping depending on where I place the iPod and dongle on me.

SOUND QUALITY: 7.5/10
MATERIAL QUALITY: 6/10
PRICE VS. QUALITY: 7/10
*CONVENIENCE: 9/10
OVERALL QUALITY: 7/10


*NOT INCLUDED IN OVERALL QUALITY.

No comments: